The information we collect and how we use it
- When you register and/or subscribe for Showmax OnAir we may need to know, amongst other things, your full name, identity number, physical and postal address, credit card number, expiry date and CVV security number, debit order details, e-mail address and telephone number. If you subscribe to our mailing lists for latest news and other information, you will be asked to specify the areas in which you are interested so that we can tailor the information which we send to you to cover the topics which we believe you might be interested in.
- IP addresses, codes, user names and passwords and other related content, products viewed, subscription history, pages visited, links opened and similar information may be stored automatically by the website.
We may use your personal information:
- to improve customer service and help us respond more efficiently to customer service requests and support needs of our customers;
- for the purpose of providing you with information about any special Showmax OnAir offers or changes to the product which we think may be of interest to you and for related marketing purposes;
- to compile profiles for statistical purposes and to help us develop and improve our website for the benefit of our customers.
We will not:
- use your personal information for any other purpose other than for the provision of Showmax OnAir which you have selected or in relation to this website or the provision of services by our service provider; and
- sell, transfer or disclose your personal information to any third party without your express consent.
Opt in / Opt out
- If at any time you wish to receive information about the Showmax OnAir offering which you currently do not receive, or if you wish to stop receiving some or all of the information that we currently send, you may amend or remove your preferences by selecting the unsubscribe option on any mail that we send you and update your preferences. If you have any queries about how to use the mailing preference system, please contact our Customer Service Department.
Security of your personal information
- Whilst we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your personal information, we will take all reasonable steps or measures to keep such personal information secure and protected. We have implemented appropriate and reasonable technology, policies and procedures armed at protecting the privacy and confidentiality of your personal information.
- The nature of Internet communications means that your communications may be susceptible to data corruption, interception and delays. We shall not be responsible for any detrimental reliance you place on this website or its contents. We are providing this website and its contents (including any downloadable data or software) on an 'as is' basis and make no representations or warranties of any kind with respect to this website or its contents and disclaim all such representations and warranties, whether express or implied, to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law. In addition, we make no representations or warranties about the accuracy, completeness or suitability for any particular purpose of the information and related graphics published in this website or that any software or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or other harmful components. The information contained in this website may contain technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. All liability howsoever arising for any such inaccuracies or errors is expressly excluded to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law. Neither we nor any of our members, employees or other representatives will be liable for damages arising out of or in connection with the use of this website in any way. This is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damages, loss of data, income or profit, loss of or damage to property and claims of third parties.
- Our website may contain hyper-links. These hyper-links connect you to sites of other organisations which are not our responsibility. We have used our reasonable endeavours in preparing our own website and the information included in it is done so in good faith. However, we have no control over any of the information you can access via other websites. Therefore, no mention of any organisation, company or individual to which our web site is linked shall imply any approval or warranty as to the standing and capability of any such organisations, company or individual on our part.
- All design, text, graphics and the selection or arrangement thereof are the copyright of Showmax OnAir or of other copyright owners. Permission is granted to electronically copy and print in hard copy portions of this site for the sole purpose of placing an order with us, or using this site as a shopping resource. Any other use of materials on this site (including reproduction for purposes other than those noted above and modification, distribution, or republication) without our prior written permission is strictly prohibited.